Patient Forms, Map and Directions
If you are a new patient to North County Gastroenterology, on this page you will find the information you need to get started, such as a map and directions to our office. To save you time, we've also included our new patient forms, which you can print out and complete prior to your appointment.
Below is a list of items to bring with you to your appointment:
1. Fill out and bring the Patient Registration Forms to your appointment. You may do one of the following:
a. Download, print out and complete the forms from this website.
b. Request an e-mail with the forms attached.
c. Request that we mail the forms to you.
2. A list of your current medications.
3. Copies of pertinent records from other doctor visits that you may have at home.
4. Results of any prior procedures (colonoscopy, EGD, etc.).
5. Any X-ray, CT, or MRI reports.
6. Any blood test results.
7. Your current insurance card(s).
8. Your co-pay, if required by your insurance carrier.
9. An interpreter, if needed (an English-speaking family member or friend).
It is our philosophy that the physicians and staff of North County Gastroenterology cohesively work together to provide the highest level of excellence in gastroenterology. We strive to consistently provide our patients with optimal health care ensuring a professional and compassionate environment.
For your convenience, our patient forms are located below. Please download, print and complete the following forms so we can expedite your first visit:
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Insurance and Billing
North County Gastroenterology will bill your insurance for your services with us. We will send you monthly statements until your charges are paid. Please review your statement carefully when it is received. It will tell you which insurance we are billing and when the service was billed. If you have a secondary insurance, this will be billed after the primary insurance pays. There is a note at the bottom of the statement that instructs you not to pay until you see that your secondary insurance has either paid or responded.
1. We will bill your insurance for the office consultation.
2. HMO Patients
- You will need an authorization from your primary care physician when making an appointment with our office.
- HMO co-pays will be collected for each visit when you check-in for your appointment.
3. Non-HMO, PPO, and Medicare Patients
- We will bill your primary insurance carrier and, if applicable your secondary insurance carrier if you provide all necessary information (i.e. current insurance cards and correct billing addresses).
4. If you undergo a procedure, you may receive up to four (4) separate bills:
- Professional Fee: This is the doctor's charge for performing the procedure. Please note this is a different charge than the initial office consultation.
- Facility Fee: This is the fee for the facility where your procedure is performed (Center for Endoscopy, Tri-City Medical Center, Scripps Memorial Hospital). This fee includes the procedure room charge, nursing care, IV lines, medications, etc.
- Anesthesia Fee: This is the charge for administering a deeper sedation, if applicable.
- Outside lab or pathology fee: If biopsies are taken during your procedure, they are sent to an outside lab. We provide the lab with your insurance information and they will bill your insurance and/or you for their pathology charges. Please contact the lab directly if you have questions regarding their charges. Their telephone number and your account number with them will be on their statement.
If you have further questions, please call the Billing Department at (760) 941-5040.
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. You may educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this website. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
- From Thunder Drive:
- Traveling north, turn left onto Waring Road
- Traveling south, turn right onto Waring Road
then take the first driveway on the left. After you pull into the parking lot, the office will be on your right.
- From College Blvd:
- Traveling north, turn right onto Waring Road
- Traveling south, turn left onto Waring Road
then turn right into the last driveway before Thunder Dr. After you pull into the parking lot, the office will be on your right.
- Our address is 3923 Waring Road. Suite A.